Casa Santa Teresinha
- According to the Child and Adolescent Statute – ECA, no child or adolescent shall be subjected to any form of negligence, discrimination, exploitation, violence, cruelty and oppression, which means, having any of their rights threatened and/or violated. The Casa Santa Teresinha is going to seek to support and strengthen children and adolescents with congenital skin diseases, ensuring them respect and participation in society, working for the recovery of their self-esteem, appropriation and redetermination of their life story and social insertion, offering psychological and social monitoring.
- The Casa Santa Teresinha is going to improve the living condition of children and adolescents who live in their homes and away from social life. To this end, the Casa is going to be adapted to their needs aiming at providing a decent welcoming and it is going to work according to the needs of each child/adolescent, either in the field of social or psychological assistance.
Activities to be developed
- The Casa Santa Teresinha is going to have a toy library and a children’s library; arts hall (where music, dance and theater classes will take place); play room, multimedia and adult reading room; cinema (TV room) and digital inclusion room, where children and adolescents can have computer classes and have access to the internet.
- Individual and group psychological follow-up with children, adolescents and their families;
- It is going to promote access to the social assistance network, the bodies of the Rights Guarantee System and other public policies;
- It is going to hold educational lectures aiming at intellectual, physical and mental development;
- Support to families – it is going to hold lectures and monthly meetings with the families, stimulating healthy group and community coexistence and talks and fostering women’s health actions.